Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sew Excited for Christmas!

I'm getting sew excited for Christmas! (yes, pun intended...Jeremy would say it's a Mr. Bromley joke...my dad is the king of puns) With two decent snowfalls, Christmas cookies baked, classic carols on the radio, and feelings that our next car should be 4-wheel drive, I'm in the Christmas spirit! And with Christmas right around the corner, it's time to finish up some of the gifts - and this year, I'm going homemade.

Back in high school, I tried sewing a pair of pajama pants. Not that hard, right? A couple straight seams and you're good to go. Not for me!! A couple serious blunders and I turned it over to my aunts for them to finish, accepting the fact it just wasn't happening for me.

Thanks to my friend Sarah, I gave it another try... mostly motivated by the fact that the selection of curtains out there is seriously slim. I've even learned a little bit of "sew-speak" along the way. So this year, some of you on my Christmas list will be receiving the fruits of my labor (TBD whether that's good for you or not). Please be forgiving and don't look too closely :-).

~Hilary






No comments: