Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joe + Stacie : Bridal Shower

I love parties ... actually, I love planning parties. I get that from my mom. She does an amazing job! She and my grandma put on this amazing shower for my cousin Joe and his beautiful bride-to-be, Stacie, over Thanksgiving. Everything was perfect, from the cake (Cakes by K Renee) to the venue (Cascades Manor House Fireside Room) to the favors (Braun Family Christmas Cookies). By the way, the cookies are fantastic, so I included the recipe below - I think it's the nutmeg that makes the difference. YUM!

So anyway, way to go Mom and congratulations Joe & Stacie!! I'm so thankful to have you both as family!!










Sour Cream Sugar Cookie (Braun Family Favorite)

1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1/4 c. sour cream
3 c. sifted flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream butter & sugar. Add egg & sour cream & mix well. Sift together dry ingredients. Stir into mixture. Kneed thoroughly. Chill 1 hour. Roll out 1/4" thick. Cut desired shapes, and backe at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Frosting:
3 c. confectioner's sugar
1/3 c. softened butter
3 T. cream
1-1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend together first 2 ingredients. Then stir in cream and vanilla.

Enjoy!!


No comments: